Friday, June 20, 2008

LET'S MAKE SUMMER A "SEASON OF PRAYER"

Our great creator designed seasons to offer a variety of changes. Summertime is so special with its disrupted schedules, family picnics, vacations, and heart warming patriotic celebrations.

I've been told that patriotic decorations are to be in place from Memorial Day until Labor day. If you should drive by my house, you would know that I adhere to that rule. My home has double doors displaying patriotic wreaths and a lamp post featuring a "welcome home" yellow ribbon for any of our brave military personnel who might drive by.

As the celebrations begin, and we watch our "Grand Old Flag" wave proudly in the summer breezes, let it be our solemn reminder to PRAY, ESPECIALLY FOR OUR TROOPS.

We have fellow Americans placed all around the world for the purpose of our safety and well being. Some are now stationed in the Middle East where temperatures soar way past the 100 degree mark. This heat must be endured under many layers of clothing and protective gear.

I would like to invite you to join me for a SUMMER SEASON OF PRAYER for our nation. Let's pray for war to cease, for our troops, for the November election. The Scripture states that "righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people".

Let's pray for true revival to come to America. The Bible plainly tells us, "If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and TURN from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. America needs healing, prayer is the remedy.

I

No comments: